1975 Smith-Corona Classic 12
The greatest advantage of Smith-Coronas are the durability of their hard cases and the high quality of the metals used for their typebars: this unit did not require nickel replating. Take a look at the photo of the segment (where the typebars are connected), and notice how the metals are unblemished.
This is one of the most popular typewriter models among the collectors of present day because of such qualities and the typing feel. It's a great first typewriter.
We refurbished it back into its original color, matte blue.
ABOUT THE BRAND & MODEL
To this day, a lot of the typewriters still in good condition are Smith-Coronas, due to the quality of their cases (generally superior to Royal, Olympia, Underwood, Remington, Olivetti), and their metals seem to be relatively excellent at resisting corrosion. Portable typewriters boomed in WW2, and even in Hollywood movies set in the 50s-70s, Smith-Coronas are usually featured.
The Classic 12 was the 70s reiteration of the 1940s-60s Clipper / Silent / Silent-Super, which were generally the same shape. The manufacturers instead used plastic for parts that would usually be scratched and dented, also saving space. The key tops are also cupped, making it more comfortable to type than other models with flat keys. For many collectors, this is the model they prefer most.
- Approx. dimensions: 11.5x11.5x3 inches
- Approx. weight: 8 kg
- Finish: refurbished to blue
- Free 6 pcs ink ribbons
- Free delivery in NCR via Lalamove
- Lifetime service warranty for factory defects
PAYMENT & SHIPPING
- BDO, BPI, GCash, PayMaya
- Lalamove courier for NCR, delivered same-day & packed in bubble wrap (FREE)
- Nationwide delivery via Ninjavan. Approx P700 depending on weight. For typewriters with hard cases only.
Shipping is paid by the customer for single record orders
- Lalamove for Metro Manila, within the day or when convenient for the customer
- Ninjavan for Nationwide, P150 in 1-3 days
- Free Delivery Nationwide if you order two records or more
Modes of Payment
- BPI, BDO, GCash
- Cash On Delivery for customers willing to pay the roundtrip Lalamove fee